Author Topic: Request 2017 CSCC Ice Dice Co-Driver Event 3  (Read 934 times)

Offline REDBRZ

Request 2017 CSCC Ice Dice Co-Driver Event 3
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »
Looking for a Co Drive for the last three events, preferably in a AWD studded car with competitive tires. Willing to kick in some money for rental, or can provide competitive tires on 15x7 +42 5x100 wheels.
#60 1997 Honda Civic
2017 Subaru WRX

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Request 2017 CSCC Ice Dice Co-Driver Event 3
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

Offline Jeff Lange

Re: Request 2017 CSCC Ice Dice Co-Driver Event 3
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:23:48 PM »
Looking for a Co Drive for the last three events, preferably in a AWD studded car with competitive tires. Willing to kick in some money for rental, or can provide competitive tires on 15x7 +42 5x100 wheels.

I am without a co-driver for event 5 in the Previa if you are interested.  :rockon:

Jeff
2017 Team Mondor Racing Toyota Previa GT-S RM3 Ice Racer
2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff

Offline REDBRZ

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
I am without a co-driver for event 5 in the Previa if you are interested.  :rockon:

Jeff

Thanks if I don't get my car running I'll likely take you up on that!
#60 1997 Honda Civic
2017 Subaru WRX

Offline Jeff Lange

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »
Thanks if I don't get my car running I'll likely take you up on that!

Sounds good, let me know.  :good: I've asked a couple other people if they are interested as well.

Jeff
2017 Team Mondor Racing Toyota Previa GT-S RM3 Ice Racer
2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff

Offline REDBRZ

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
Bump, destroyed my car leaving the last icedice, looking for a co drive and or car to buy  :cry:
#60 1997 Honda Civic
2017 Subaru WRX

Offline Darcy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »
Cautionary tale to all - I launched my car off something buried in the snow (pressure ridge?). Nothing broken except the dash vent that came flying past my head. I'm following the tracks in the snow from here on out.

Offline JCS

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:23:46 PM »
Darcy you should let one of these blokes run the regal kitten around a few laps see if they can squeeze a few seconds....

Offline JCS

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
Or bust out the HHR for the last round

Offline midnightsky

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »
Bump, destroyed my car leaving the last icedice, looking for a co drive and or car to buy  :cry:

Yikes what happened?
1995 Toyota Celica GT SOLD
1995 Acura Integra RS SOLD
2002 Acura RSX Base SOLD
1995 Subaru STi Type RA SOLD
2004 Honda Accord 2.4L SOLD
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L Winters Moonlight

Offline REDBRZ

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 03:51:02 AM »
Yikes what happened?

Buddy and I were spinning celebratory donuts on the way off the lake and both lost visibility completely covering our windows in snow, unfortunately I was going faster and was sliding blindly two feet in and luck would have it I hit him. Both cars destroyed and mine is still sitting out at the lake.
#60 1997 Honda Civic
2017 Subaru WRX

Offline midnightsky

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 06:13:44 AM »
Buddy and I were spinning celebratory donuts on the way off the lake and both lost visibility completely covering our windows in snow, unfortunately I was going faster and was sliding blindly two feet in and luck would have it I hit him. Both cars destroyed and mine is still sitting out at the lake.

:( very sorry to hear that.  I myself have had 2 super close calls this past week just out on the street and got caught off guard, almost rear ended a Mercedes and almost got clipped by an SUV, both would have been my fault.   Its downright scary out there since this last cold snap, patches of grip followed by glass and its very hard to judge.  Stay safe out there everyone.
1995 Toyota Celica GT SOLD
1995 Acura Integra RS SOLD
2002 Acura RSX Base SOLD
1995 Subaru STi Type RA SOLD
2004 Honda Accord 2.4L SOLD
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L Winters Moonlight

Offline ChairmanMa

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 08:18:31 AM »
Lecture time.

Our goal is to provide a controlled environment for performance driving in extreme winter conditions. Please be mindful of others who are on the lake but are not a part of our event. We ask that you refrain from warm-up, fast, or spirited driving while not on our track. Thank you for your understanding

We provide a time and a place for people to come out and play. We can easily lose the place if we are not careful. Whether you are 10m or 1km away from the track it's important to be on your best behavior so long as you are anywhere near our event.

Offline REDBRZ

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
Lecture time.

We provide a time and a place for people to come out and play. We can easily lose the place if we are not careful. Whether you are 10m or 1km away from the track it's important to be on your best behavior so long as you are anywhere near our event.

Thanks, we didn't intend to cause any problems to the club, just unfortunate turn of actions. We towed the car off the lake and picked up all the broken pieces we could.
#60 1997 Honda Civic
2017 Subaru WRX

Offline lophilip

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »
I already have a co-driver for the next event, but if that changes I will let you know. I would love to have a chance to see how you are so fast.

Offline DannyO

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »
Cautionary tale to all - I launched my car off something buried in the snow (pressure ridge?). Nothing broken except the dash vent that came flying past my head. I'm following the tracks in the snow from here on out.

I also did this on the way back off the lake, since it was closer to the end of the day, thanks to some wind and the snow, everyone elses tracks appeared to be gone, so was making my way back, and next thing I know, I'm in the air.

Bumper sides popped out, fog l covers popped off, went back to get them, and it was a mighty frozen snow drift, I measured at least 8 feet of travel from the jump to where my rear tires landed. I had thought I had popped a coilover, but thankfully it turned out to be the top lock nut that holds it to the top hat had come loose and allowed 4-5mm of travel. Car appears to be working fine apart from some battle scars.

Heads up to people, that I had contemplated trying my car out with the lower subframe removed (for weight savings and to see how it felt) but didn't like the idea of the safety side, insurance side, and the fact that it was the only thing thats in front of my oil pan. Without a doubt I think it saved my engine, as if I didn't hit the icey drift with it, I would of slammed into it with my oil pan taking the first impact.

Be safe out there, I'll be following others back from now on. The whole thing was only about 10-13m wide, so was just an unfortunate line I had picked to drive back to the ramp. Even before hitting it, I could not see it due to the flat covering of fresh snow, and the overcast sky causing no definitions in the snow, it was just like many times snowboarding where you really can't make out whats in front of you.

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »