Author Topic: Re: 2018 Ice Dice Results Discussion  (Read 249 times)

Offline midnightsky

Re: 2018 Ice Dice Results Discussion
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »
Holy crap David.G miles ahead of the FWD competition, nice work sir.
1995 Toyota Celica GT SOLD
1995 Acura Integra RS SOLD
2002 Acura RSX Base SOLD
1995 Subaru STi Type RA SOLD
2004 Honda Accord 2.4L SOLD
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L Winters Moonlight

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Re: 2018 Ice Dice Results Discussion
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »

Offline rkarsk

Re: Re: 2018 Ice Dice Results Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »
Likewise regarding pictures of the TT!

That was a fun event. Thanks to Chris for showing me the ropes for timing and David for the tips on driving technique. Thanks to all the volunteers and organizers for their efforts.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:50:12 PM by rkarsk »

Offline JCS

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »

In the morning I thought I might have been able to close the gap from the 133 to his 126....but not to be.  In the afternoon I was miles behind.

Offline 85MR2

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen.  I was trying to minimize wheelspin.  That seemed to help.

Offline JCS

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »
Definitely a day for the AWD folks!

Online John in Calgary

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
Definitely a day for the AWD folks!

I'll say.

So how come my afternoon times were better than my morning times, even though it felt like I was going way faster in the morning and only tip-toeing my way around in the afternoon?  I definitely had more fun in the morning runs clearing the track for the AWD guys, although I did get pretty much completely sideways coming into the straight section with the 8 cones lined up on the berm on my last morning run.

John

Offline 4WARNED

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:52 AM »
Slow and clean is fast. which explains none of my own afternoon runs.

So how come my afternoon times were better than my morning times, even though it felt like I was going way faster in the morning and only tip-toeing my way around in the afternoon?
Chris
06 EVO IX MR SE Unicorn
03 Subaru WRX - retired zero car
04 WRX rally car - WFR Rally team..yes, We Finally Rolled

Online PrezeS_PL

• 2013-2016 Rallycross Director
  • CSCC (Moderator)
  • 5000 RPM
    • Polish Rally Mafia
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 11:15:37 AM »
I'll say.

So how come my afternoon times were better than my morning times, even though it felt like I was going way faster in the morning and only tip-toeing my way around in the afternoon?  I definitely had more fun in the morning runs clearing the track for the AWD guys, although I did get pretty much completely sideways coming into the straight section with the 8 cones lined up on the berm on my last morning run.

John

Driving in knee deep snow is challenging but not fast at all. It probably seemed like you were because of all the work you had to do just to stay on the course. Everyone improved a lot by the 5th run but the track still wasn't clean so after 4wd's did their part the course was even faster and easier to drive.

You didn't pay attention to your times on the score board placed after finish?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:17:14 AM by PrezeS_PL »

Offline T3CH

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
Almost everyone times improved in the afternoon and then there is me... my best time went down by almost 6 secs... i'll have to review my footage and understand where I messed up

Online John in Calgary

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »
Driving in knee deep snow is challenging but not fast at all. It probably seemed like you were because of all the work you had to do just to stay on the course. Everyone improved a lot by the 5th run but the track still wasn't clean so after 4wd's did their part the course was even faster and easier to drive.

Fair enough, but I'm a rookie with FWD and no studs, so I thought for sure the icier runs would be slower (and they felt slower, but showed faster on the clock).  It seems that before lunch I was at least getting times that were close to the FWD guys with studs (and was almost as fast as Darcy in the corolla), after lunch I was nowhere near their times, just like last week.  For me, the after lunch runs were more work to keep it on the track - tiptoeing means I tried not to understeer like crazy into the berms but actually was able to get the car to rotate to an inside exit on the cones where I could find traction.

You didn't pay attention to your times on the score board placed after finish?

Yeah, but it didn't all really add up until I was looking at the times from the other cars after lunch.

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »

anything