Author Topic: Summer Rally Test Day Signup  (Read 1259 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Amanda

  • Rally Director 2017
  • CSCC Executives
  • 1000 RPM
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Total likes: 2
  • Karma: +1/-1
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Hypothetically, sure. But so far I have 5 teams registered out of the 12 I need just to break even, and only have 3 volunteers. I also haven't been granted road permissions yet. So realistically, I'm skeptical that it's even going to happen.

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »

Offline Flying_Finn

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
Is there a deadline by which you will make the go/no-go decision?

Offline Amanda

  • Rally Director 2017
  • CSCC Executives
  • 1000 RPM
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Total likes: 2
  • Karma: +1/-1
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »
I was thinking Sunday. That would give everyone a weeks notice, and then I have enough time to cancel services that have been booked without inconveniencing them too much.

Offline Amanda

  • Rally Director 2017
  • CSCC Executives
  • 1000 RPM
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Total likes: 2
  • Karma: +1/-1
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »
I was only able to scrounge up on additional entry, so I am officially cancelling the event. :(

Offline Flying_Finn

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »
That sucks. Oh well thanks for trying.

Online Phr00t

  • 2017 Treasurer; 2016 President
  • CSCC (Moderator)
  • 5000 RPM
  • ***
  • Posts: 270
  • Total likes: 55
  • Karma: +7/-3
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
Thanks for trying to organize, hopefully we might be able to get something in the Winter
Steve W
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Production Class
1995 Subaru WRX STi Type RA future Rallycross monster

Offline RedMenace

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 07:32:21 AM »
Thanks for trying.  Much appreciated!

Offline PrezeS_PL

  • 2013-2016 Rallycross Director
  • CSCC (Moderator)
  • 6000 RPM
  • ***
  • Posts: 403
  • Total likes: 46
  • Karma: +27/-0
    • Polish Rally Mafia
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »
Anyway we can try again for 10th? Besides teams gone for Defi we should have few more ready or back from summer days off.
I understand your concern with the 60 day rule but we also managed to run test day on the loop same week it was RMR stage, just different direction. Maybe something can be worked out, with kananaskis organizer.
Also what's the additional cost that we need minimum 12 cars?
Fire hazard and the fire truck is required on site?
Is ambulance now mandatory requirement from CARS for all test?
Just curious what changed.

We have 4 month (4.5 now) break in WCRC calendar and the only opportunity to drive a car before going to national event slipped out. It's just sad.

Offline Tbr_moto

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
Anyway we can try again for 10th? Besides teams gone for Defi we should have few more ready or back from summer days off.
I understand your concern with the 60 day rule but we also managed to run test day on the loop same week it was RMR stage, just different direction. Maybe something can be worked out, with kananaskis organizer.
Also what's the additional cost that we need minimum 12 cars?
Fire hazard and the fire truck is required on site?
Is ambulance now mandatory requirement from CARS for all test?
Just curious what changed.

We have 4 month (4.5 now) break in WCRC calendar and the only opportunity to drive a car before going to national event slipped out. It's just sad.

I'm definitely with Chris on this.

I could likely do the 10th, 24th of September or October 1st. If the regular test loop is the issue for Kananaskis, could we look at doing a Cochrane stage instead? May be more difficult with a turn around, but just throwing out options.

The more seat time, the better.
2000 Ford Focus rally car
www.facebook.com/TBRmotorsports

Offline Amanda

  • Rally Director 2017
  • CSCC Executives
  • 1000 RPM
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Total likes: 2
  • Karma: +1/-1
Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »
Alright, in order:
  • I don't think I'd be willing to do a Cochrane stage for more than 2 or 3 cars as the logistics would get a little funny. My biggest concern is that if we do have to stop the stage for some reason, it's harder to account for all the cars with two points they can congregate. Combined with the casual nature of Test Days, I think that's asking for problems. Plus then cars can't just come and go from the start line as they please, etc etc.
  • My concern about the 60 days comes from one of the Kananaskis team specifically mentioning that as an issue with the Sep 3rd date. I'll definitely ask now that the circumstances have changed. If I can get the blessings of the Kananaskis team, I'd be fine organizing something Sep 24th or later. I need to provide the county with 4 weeks notice to get road permissions so sooner isn't possible.
  • The 12 cars was specifically due to the additional cost of fire truck, which is required by the county due to current fire risks. 12 was our break even point last year, and I wouldn't be changing anything from how that event was run (there isn't a lot of room for negotiation).
If we are unable to run this before Kananaskis, I'm looking in to hosting something in November (which shouldn't require the use of a fire truck).

I agree that it's unfortunate that this didn't work out the first time around. There was a lot of interest, but most teams were either unavailable for the 27th or wouldn't be able to get their cars put together.


I forgot to mention, it's possible that I can get approval for a construction water truck instead. For the 27th, that wasn't really viable but I think I could get it put together for late Sep. That would hopefully bring our break even point down to 10.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:11:27 PM by Amanda »

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Re: Summer Rally Test Day Signup
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »

 

anything