Author Topic: Lexan windows  (Read 440 times)

Offline Mattp

Lexan windows
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »
I have an order going in for Lexan side windows and rear glass replacement, if anyone would like some before the start of the season. I can get hold of over 3000 different pieces,  they are all molded to fit and for the fronts can either be used with the OEM winders or have sliders fitted.
stRanger Danger.....

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Lexan windows
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »

Offline speedracer

• Torque? Just crank up the boost!
  • Administrator
  • Plaid RPM
  • A peon...
    • speedracer.ca
Re: Lexan windows
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
What grade of lexan and thickness?
Brando
#23 D-Mod 98 ACR neon
#69 ST-4 94 EG Turbo @ 1.20kg/cm2 :D
#69 IT-J 94 Integra
94 TLC - Tow Rig

Offline BMW Rider

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »
I'd be interested in more info on this too. What manufacturer are you ordering from? I want rear and quarter glass and possibly a windshield for a 79 Mustang coupe. I had planned to go with Optic Armor brand.

Offline Mattp

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:16:54 AM »
What grade of lexan and thickness?

I can get 3, 4 and 5 mm, normal is 3 mm for the rear screen, 4 mm for the doors and side glass however I recommend 5 mm for the front doors to make them a little stiffer especially on a frame-less car like Subaru's and BMW's . The fronts can either have the sliders so you just bolt them in the frame or without them so you can use them with the original winders, if doing this then I recommend the hard coat finish so they won't scratch as easily.
The options available are:
Standard grade: Clear, Bronze tint and Grey tint 3, 4 and 5 mm
Hard Coat: Clear, Bronze tint and Grey tint 4 mm and 5 mm
Front windows: Sliders or no Sliders
All of them can either be shipped as flat windows or pre-molded to the shape of the original.

I do have samples of the tints and thickness here if anyone would like to see before they commit. I also have a full kit in stock so you can see what the finished product looks like.

All of the kits are supplied by a company from the UK with over 30 years experience supplying windshields and Poly-carbonate windows to the Motorsport world.
stRanger Danger.....

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:16:54 AM »