Author Topic: Interested in trying Autocross - Event Types?  (Read 367 times)

Offline Killadelphia

Interested in trying Autocross - Event Types?
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
Hey everyone,
I have been thinking about trying autocross, and the closest event right now that's in Calgary is the September 17   "SASC/CSCC Championship Event #12". Since this is called a championship event does that mean that there won't be any time for someone new to run? If I can't take part in that event what are my options? Thanks.

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

Interested in trying Autocross - Event Types?
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »

Offline speedracer

• Torque? Just crank up the boost!
  • Administrator
  • Plaid RPM
  • A peon...
    • speedracer.ca
Re: Interested in trying Autocross - Event Types?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
https://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/autoslalom/nube-questions/msg74101/#msg74101

I'm sure you read this post. Come out. If you have never been to an event I would suggest being a spectator.

However, since it is a Championship event rules and policy are enforced for fair play. What I am saying is don't get turned off if people around you are unable to help you out or give pointers; ride along's start being a no no since it can be an advantage/disadvantage ... It is a competition after all.
Brando
#23 D-Mod 98 ACR neon
#69 ST-4 94 EG Turbo @ 1.20kg/cm2 :D
#69 IT-J 94 Integra
94 TLC - Tow Rig

Offline Reijo

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
Hey everyone,
I have been thinking about trying autocross, and the closest event right now that's in Calgary is the September 17   "SASC/CSCC Championship Event #12". Since this is called a championship event does that mean that there won't be any time for someone new to run? If I can't take part in that event what are my options? Thanks.

No big deal to run in a "championship" event.  They are club championship events so considered to be local events and anyone can enter - club member, affiliated club member or non-member or newbie!

The SCCA (USA) Championships are coming up in the first week of September so that is why there is a bit of a pause.

However there are events relatively nearby - Fort Macleod (even potentially a mini-school on Saturday, Aug. 26) and another inter-club championship on Sunday Aug. 27.  It is 1 1/2 hrs. drive south of Calgary on Hwy 2 - a lot less traffic than going north on Hwy 2. 

the Saturday could be particularly good if we run a mini-school (there has been a bit of demand/questions lately) in that it would be a really good introduction for the sport for yourself.  PM me and I can keep you updated on what is going on in that respect.

R
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."  Earl W

Offline Reijo

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 12:49:23 PM »
I also noted that the CSCC has an event on Sept. 16 at the Westerner Grounds (SW corner) in Red Deer ... 1.5 hrs. drive north ...

There is a possibility of another practice event within the next couple of weeks here in Calgary but it is not set up yet and I have not started much in terms of planning for it yet ... stay tuned.

R
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."  Earl W

Offline thusartee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
Hey Killadelphia,

I've registered to the Sept 17th event - it will be my first time at an autocross event. Ill be an absolute beginner - I can challenge you for that bottom spot.

Cheers,
T

Calgary Sports Car Club Forum - Hosted by speedracer.ca

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »